Terms of Service
Confit (hereafter referred to as “this service”) is a service provided by Atlas Co., Ltd., to support the holding of congresses, exhibitions, and events (hereafter referred to as “events”). To use the services, all the users of the services are required to consent to this Terms of Service (hereinafter referred to as 'TOS'). By using or accessing the services, you agree to this TOS. This TOS is subject to change. Please refer to the latest version of TOS.
NOTE: This agreement was written in Japanese. To the extent any translated version of this agreement conflicts with the Japanese version, the Japanese version controls.
1: User and Registration
- The term 'user(s)' of the services is the general term for registered users.
- Registered users are individuals who entered and sent information required for user registration and then approved by Atlas, or exhibitors who are approved by the society or the exhibition organizer. Users are able to use the services within the range of each license set by Atlas or the organizer.
- Users who wish to use the services can ask Atlas for registration by approving TOS and by providing certain information Atlas requires for registration in a way we provide.
- Registered users are responsible and liable for the personal information they provided.
- Registered users can change their personal information anytime.
Precautions for Use
- Users should keep and manage their email addresses and passwords on their own responsibility. We, Atlas, assume no responsibility for the loss or damage caused by the lost, theft or misuse of the email addresses or/and passwords by third parties.
- Users may be charged communication fees by communication service providers when using the services via PCs or mobile phones and users should bear those charges by themselves.
- The services may become unavailable because of the service outage or a change in specification and so on, of third party systems connected to the services(e.g. In case user administrative functions of the services depend partly on third party membership management system). Users are deemed to acknowledge and agree before using the services that Atlas assumes no responsibility for any damage caused by the service unavailability. Also, Atlas doesn't guarantee anything concerning third party systems.
Users can delete their accounts anytime when they stop using this service. When an account is deleted, account information, such as a mail address and profile, will be deleted from this service.
Registration information, including account information of a user who registers participation or subject in an event by using this service, is deleted after notifying the organizer or organizing supplier of the event. If the organizer or organizing supplier of the event raises an objection, users and organizer and/or organizing supplier must reach an agreement after consultation, and Atlas follows the agreement made by the both parties.
4: Personal Information
- Atlas does not disclose the personal information of users without consent from users to anyone other
than organizers of the congress, exhibition, or event, except for the cases stated below:
- Cases in which Atlas reasonably judges that it is necessary to disclose personal information in accordance with laws and ordinances.
- Cases in which the disclosure of personal information is urgently required for the protection of the life, body, or property of an individual and in which we judge it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person.
- Cases in which the disclosure of personal information is specially necessary for improving public health or promoting the sound growth of children and in which we judge it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person.
- Cases in which the disclosure of personal information is necessary for cooperating with a state organ, a local government, or an individual or a business operator entrusted by either of the former two in executing the affairs prescribed by laws and regulations and in which obtaining the consent of the person is likely to impede the execution of the affairs concerned.
- Cases in which the service provider changes as a result of merger or otherwise, and we judge it is necessary to transfer personal information in order to continue the services.
5: Copyrights and other intellectual property rights
- The intellectual property rights for programs or pictures in the services belong to the organizers, organizing suppliers, or the session planners of events, while copyrights for layouts and design of the sites belong to Atlas. Only private use of the information is permitted for users.
- Users hereby represents and warrants to Atlas that it has lawful rights to submit or otherwise transmit the submitted data, and that the submitted data does not infringe any third party's rights.
- Users shall accept that the organizers, organizing suppliers, session planners, or exhibitors of events have right to edit the data submitted by users, as well as to decide which data to be accepted for publication.
- Users shall agree and acknowledge before submission, the regulations that the organizers, organizing suppliers, session planners, or exhibitors of events provide concerning the attribution of the copyrights and other intellectual property rights and the exercise of the moral rights of author for submitted data.
- Atlas assumes no responsibility for troubles concerning regulations and handling of the copyrights and other intellectual property rights for submitted data. In case users get into a dispute with the organizers, organizing suppliers, session planners, exhibitors, other users, or other third parties concerning the copyrights and other intellectual property rights for submitted data, the users shall have sole responsibility for solving the dispute at their own expense.
Upon the use of the services, Atlas prohibit the acts of users which do or may fall under the prohibitions stated below.
- Acts against the TOS or laws and ordinances
- Acts against public order and morals
- Acts results in or recommend/encourage criminal acts
- Ats of slander against other users or third parties or ones can cause disadvantage to others
- Acts of infringement of copyrights or intellectual property rights of Atlas or others
- Acts of infringement of property or privacy of Atlas or others
- Acts which can give disadvantage to Atlas or others
- Acts of slander against Atlas or others
- False registration of information upon the use of the services includes user registration
- Misuse of email addresses or passwords
- Acts of letting IDs/passwords of oneself or other registered users use by others by loan, transfer, name change as well as buying and selling them
- Acts of spoofing
- Acts of attacking the services, or deliberately place a load on the system of the services
- Wrongful acts which deliberately affect the operation of the services
- Acts which can produce financial interests
- Solicitation activities for organizations, services, activities which have nothing to do with the services
- Acts of advertisement, publicity, or solicitation toward third parties without Atlas's permission
- Other inappropriate acts under socially accepted conventions
- Other acts that Atlas deems to be inappropriate
7: Suspension/Stoppage of Service
- Atlas may stop or suspend providing all or part of the services without advance notice to registered
users in the cases below:
- In case Atlas is required to do periodic or emergent inspection or maintenance of computer system related to the services
- In case computer or communication line is stopped because of an accident
- In case Atlas is unable to continue operating the services due to an act of God beyond our control such as fire, power failure or other natural disasters
- In case linked services outside of the services suffer a trouble, stoppage or suspension of service, or a lost linkage to the services or a change in specification
- In other cases in which Atlas judged that the stoppage or suspension of the services is needed
- Atlas may stop providing the services in its own decision.
- Atlas assumes no responsibility for damages caused by actions it takes in accordance with this article.
- Atlas, whatever the reason may be, assumes no responsibility for the damages users or third parties may suffer as a result of delay or suspension of the services.
- Atlas assumes no responsibility for the damages users or third parties may suffer as a result of registration, or refusal or cancellation of registration to the services.
- Atlas assumes no responsibility for the accuracy or the fitness, for a particular purpose, of the information we acquire through the services.
- Atlas assumes no responsibility for the damages users or third parties may suffer caused by the information they obtained from the services.
- In case users get into a dispute with other users, the organizers, organizing suppliers, session planners, exhibitors, or other third parties concerning the information provided by the services and handling of the submitted data and so on, the users shall have sole responsibility for solving the dispute at their own expense and shall not cause damage to Atlas.
- Atlas assumes no responsibility for the harmful activities such as nuisances by an user of the services towards another user or a third party.
- Atlas assumes no responsibility for the troubles users or third parties may suffer on the disclosure of personal information of registered users pursuant to the second clause of Article 4 of TOS.
- Atlas may delete data submitted by a registered user, or suspend the use of the services by the user, or delete the registration of the user without advance notice when transmission of information by the user falls, or Atlas judges it may fall, under any of the items of Article 6. Atlas assumes no responsibility for the damages users may suffer caused by the measures we take based on this clause.
If a user of the services violates this TOS, the user shall compensate Atlas for the damages it caused.
10: Registration Cancellation
Atlas may, without prior notice or demand, delete the submitted data, or temporarily suspend the use of the services by the registered user, cancel the registered user's registration as such or terminate the service agreement, in the event of any of the following:
- The registered user failed to comply with any of provisions here of;
- The registered user has not responded to inquiries from Atlas or other communications requiring its response for 30 days or more;
- In addition to the foregoing, if Atlas determined that it is inappropriate for the registered user to use the services, maintain its registration as a registered user, or have the service agreement remain in effect.
11: Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
The services shall be based upon the laws of Japan, and in the event of any dispute between the parties here to regarding or arising out of the services, the Tokyo District Court, or the Tokyo Summary Court shall have the sole jurisdiction of first instance to the exclusion of all other courts that may otherwise have had jurisdiction.
Any matter not stipulated in this TOS, or any doubt arising with respect to any provision of this TOS, shall be promptly resolved upon mutual consultation in good faith between Atlas and users.
March 26, 2019